Hey y’all! How have you been? Fall is finally here and we are so excited for this season. The same as most of us do. This is our best weather among all from this entire year and I cannot argue with that. If you live in Texas then you know exactly what I am talking about. As a matter of fact, air-condition in the car and houses is a must in this part of the world. Well, everyone does but you are honestly gonna die without this genius made product if you live here. Yeah, that’s called over reacting. Am I? So, did you miss my cooking recipe? or maybe not! Whether your answer is yes or no, I am going to share with you a very special recipe to me. This whole menu reminds me of my whole family together at the table. Yes! One of my mom’s special food for us. You know that childhood years when you hate vegetables and mom tricked you into eating such. Exactly! Hence, I use that trick to my hubby. Thanks mom for that. It does work. This is one of my husband’s favorite vegetable to eat now. Whenever he sees me cooking this recipe, he will just start leaking his lips saying ( hmmmm.. looks yummy hon! ). He doesn’t eat too much rice. He believe that this can cause diabetes, but not anymore. For once and for all, I started hearing him asking for some more rice and eating them all. It is that good. Not only that, this is a very healthy meal, but it is very quick and easy. Green beans is one of the healthiest vegetable. It has full of different source of vitamins which is what we need now a days. Ofcourse, chicken is always good for us although you can substitute the meat with either pork or beef. I do alternate the meat sometimes. Ok! Without further talk, here is the easy and quick Sauteed Green Bean with Chicken recipe.
2 chicken thighs or chicken breast
1 lb. of Green Beans
1/2 cup of chopped Red Onion
2 gloves of minced Garlic
2 strand of Serrano Peppers
2 tsp. Canola Oil
1/2 cup of Soy sauce ( Silver Swan Soy Sauce )
1/3 cup of water.
2 tsp. of Pepper
How to cook:
1. Slice the chicken thighs/ breast into cubes separating the skin and fats from the meat. ( Set aside- optional ).
2. Heat up the frying pan and toss in the skin and fats of the chicken. ( let it set until crisp – optional )
3. Set aside the skin/fats of the chicken from the pan and put in the Canola oil.
4. Turn the flame to medium-high.
5. Saute the red onion, Serrano pepper and garlic for at least 2minutes.
6. Add in the chicken meat and stir frequently until all the chicken is cooked.
7. Pour in 1/4 cup of soy sauce and mix until thoroughly distributed.
8. Cover for at least 2minutes then, mix in the green beans into the pan and pour in the remaining soy sauce.
9. Simmer for 2minutes until the green beans are cooked then mix.
10. Serve hot with white rice. Enjoy!
One of the things that made this meal flavorful is the chicken fat. I know that you are probably thinking. “Healthy? That has fat!” For those who are really concern about health, you can use a boneless and skinless chicken breast instead. The flavor does change. Believe me. I have tried it a couple of times and it doesn’t taste the same. It’s the chicken oil that glazed the green bean and make the flavors stick to it. My taste test is my hubby. I think that my husband’s taste bud is a good tester, since he never had this kind of meals before. It is kind of new to him at the same time trying to see if he would like the taste of new ingredients. And That’s it! I hope you guys would try it and if you do, comment down the link of the photo below.