Yehey! My husband has been dreaming about this recipe. He wished that I know how to cook this stuff. I haven’t been courageous enough to try cooking on my own, because I am not exactly sure how they do it. Whenever we’re in downtown of San Antonio, my husband would always go to his favorite Mexican restaurant. He would always get this stuff . He loves it and I do too. I remember when he said ” I wish you know how to make this stuff”. He’s just simply saying ” Honey, can you try making this so I can eat this at home”. Yeah, he was just shy of telling me what exactly his thinking. I find it amusing, because he doesn’t really demand anything for me to cook. In other words, he would just say it in nice words and not making me feel that it’s my obligation to cook. I am thankful for that, because I wouldn’t feel the pressure that I need to cook everyday. So, there I am thinking to myself why not try it. If it’s a fail ? Burgers will be another option for our dinner. What’s the use of diners and restaurants? haha! Then, I looked for recipes online. I read all of the different Carne Guisada recipes and they were all almost the same. Some of them used canned diced tomato instead of the fresh ones. I tried to understand the process of cooking it and Gosh! It was just like sitting on a chair while this thing is cooking on its own. That’s how easy this one to make. All the ingredients mentioned were already on our pantry so it should be a smooth making process for me. I am pretty sure that these are all in your own pantry too. I started in the morning, so I can slow cook it for at least 5hours. The Carne Guisada that I’ve tasted were very tender. I thought that slow cooking it was the only way to make it very tender. I actually got excited at the same time nervous how it would turn out, because that was the first time I made it. It might be too salty or too much water. To my surprise, it turned out perfect! My husband loved it. It was very tender and the gravy was very tasty. He enjoyed his little Mexican dinner in our own house. Of course, it wouldn’t be a Mexican dinner without a Spanish rice and a warmed up flour Tortilla. Here is my customized Carne Guisada recipe.
- 2 lbs. Beef Stew
- 2 tbsp. Flour
- 1 cup White Onion
- 1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 cup diced Fresh Tomato
- 1 cup diced Green Bell pepper
- 1 chopped Serrano Pepper/ Jalapeno
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 6 cups of Beef Broth or microwaved 6 cups of water with 3Beef cubes
- Salt to taste
- some Vegetable Oil
How to cook:
- Heat some Vegetable oil on a sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Brown evenly the Beef stew.
- Sprinkle the flour on the browned cubes. Mix together!
- Add all ingredients (1 cup White Onion, 1 tsp. Minced Garlic, 1 cup diced Fresh Tomato, 1 cup diced Green Bell pepper, 1 chopped Serrano Pepper/ Jalapeno, 1 tsp. Ground Cumin 1 tsp. Chili Powder, 1 tsp. Paprika, 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper, 6 cups of Beef Broth or microwaved 6 cups of water with 3Beef cubes)
- Turn the heat into medium low and simmer for at least 5hours. Stir every hour.
- Add Salt according to taste.
- Turn off fire and let it set for 5minutes.
- Serve with warmed up flour tortilla. Enjoy!
This was my another accomplished recipe. CHECK! I had fun making it. Thus, it is fun to cook food that you have no clue how to make it. It will just surprise you whatever the result is.
Have fun cooking and enjoy the day 🙂