One of my resolutions is to cook more and eat out less, so I look for more recipes that I think my husband might love. Hey, what do you know.. He loves stew! Actually, when I first got here he ask me if I could make him a good stew. I did try making it even I have no idea what stew is. That was a fail experiment though. Where can you find a beef stew without a gravy? It came out dry and has a big chunks of pork. Isn’t it supposed to be a soup? I just laugh at it knowing that I am still a practitioner when it comes to this field. So, here I am again experimenting for the second time. Guess what? My husband was impressed. Oh, I remember how he was eating it like he wanted it all for himself. He describe it as “Satisfying Food”. He even ask for more the next day.Of course, I want it to be a special food. I don’t wanna make it again the next day or the day after that, because it will taste old easy. This is not my own recipe. I found this Filipino site where this guy wrote his recipes in his blog. He is actually very well-known Food blogger for Filipinos. Some of them learned how to cook through his blog and Youtube videos. He has such good and precise recipes for everyone he wants to share his knowledge in cooking. He really is a big help to everyone. Even so, we still need to have a substitute in some of the ingredients we don’t have. It’s up to you how long you cook the certain things, so really cooking is not only following steps and instructions. It is about creativity and passion. For me, I have my inspiration why I cook food and that is my husband. Here is that Pork Stew and improve it your own way!
- 2 lbs Pork ( chopped into cubes or sliced diagonally )
- 2 Potato ( cut into cubes )
- 1 Carrot ( cut into wedges )
- 3 pcs. Dried Bay Leaves ( you can find this on the spice aisle )
- 2 cans of Tomato sauce
- 2 cups pork broth or put the 2 cups water & 2 pork cubes in a microwave for 2mins.
- 1/2 of a whole Green Bell Pepper
- Garlic, minced
- Onion, chopped
- 1 Serano Peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Ground black pepper ( according to taste )
- salt to taste
Materials: I would prefer to use a Cast iron pot, because it cooks it better.
How to cook:
- Heat the cooking oil in a Cast iron pan in a medium heat.
- Sauté the onions first then, the garlic and serano peppers.
- Add the pork and saute until the outer parts are cooked (approximately 5 minutes)
- Add the bay leaves and tomato sauce. ( pour in slowly)
- Stir them together and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground black pepper ( according to your taste)
- Then pour-in the broth or the microwaved 2cups of water with 2 pork cubes.
- Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes (or until the meat is tender)
- Put-in the potato and carrots then simmer for 5 to 7 minutes
- Add the bell pepper and simmer for 3 another minutes
- Add salt to taste
- Taaadah! This is good with white rice. Enjoy!
This is just super easy meal to make. I think even the person that doesn’t know how to cook can easily make this on their own. ha ha ha! I had fun cooking this recipe and it even more better when I saw my hubby eating it like he haven’t eaten like that before. I hope someone out there will try it too.. I have more recipes to check and try on next time. For now, HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!