Who doesn’t love Chinese food? Since I came here in America, my options of food has always been limited. That is Chinese food, Filipino food and some more Asian foods. lol! I also eat some of American food sometimes? or all the time? Well lately I have been more adventurous in trying different kind of foods. Since my taste bud has already adjusted to the different ingredient they use here, I am more open to new suggestions. I remember my first week. It has been a struggle what I’m gonna eat for lunch and dinner. Despite of my being picky, my husband has been so patient and he has been always thinking about the food I like to eat. He always wanna satisfy me in every way he can. aha! I am very spoiled with my husband. But now I am not only trying new recipes, also I am trying to cook them in my own kitchen. It is nice to have a lot of options when cooking inside the house. You know how uninspiring it is to cook the same meal every week. Of course, the first recipes I tried are the Asian recipes. I know everyone loves Teriyaki chicken but how can you make it on your own kitchen? The answer is this. I found this easy recipe that really taste like the Teriyaki chicken you love from the Chinese restaurant. My husband loves this recipe and I thought you might love to try this too..
- 6 pieces chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup of Teriyaki marinade and sauce
- Diced onions
- Minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp. Oil
How to cook:
- Marinate the chicken thighs with the Teriyaki marinade and sauce for at least 30minutes. (overnight is better)
- Heat some vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Fry the skin side of the chicken on medium heat until the skin is browned.
- Turn the chicken over to fry the other side on low heat.
- Take the chicken out from the skillet.
- Sautee’ the onions and garlic then, pour in the remaining sauce.
- While boiling put all the chicken back in the skillet and add some water.
- Cover the pan and steam cook the chicken on low heat until done.
- Take the chicken out in the pan.
- Put some sugar in the sauce that is simmering.
- Cut the chicken into cubes then, mixed in the sauce.
- Serve with a white rice and enjoy!
This is not my own recipe.