As a wife of a Texan, you always wanna think of a good recipe to serve everyday. It is hard at first to learn different kind of recipes. Since I am a Filipino, all I know is just Filipino foods. My hubby is kind of picky sometimes. He doesn’t like some of Filipino recipes, so I got to find another ways. After all, It is my job as a wife to serve good food. Everything is just one click away now a days. Everything that you wanna know is just right in your finger tips. I was looking for a simple but flavorful chicken recipe. Look what I’ve found! I need to tell you that my husband loves chicken, so I always look for chicken recipes. Anyway, I came across to these good chicken kabob recipe. I heard my husband talking about this kabob thing and I am curious how they cook that. Of course, I always keep in mind when trying new recipes I should look for the ingredients that he love. He grew up eating Spanish rice. It has a ground cumin on it, so i figures he will love this grill chicken kabob too. I tried making it and oh? Can i tell you how much he loves this? He would sometimes request me to cook it for our guest, since it qualifies of what he call “good food”. Here is the recipe of this CHICKEN KABOB. I hope you too will try it and you love it as much as we do.
- 1/2 pound of boneless chicken breast ( cut in cubes)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder ( fresh is fine too )
- 1/2 teaspoon of Onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 of One fresh Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Olive oil
- Red bell peppers ( cut in cubes )
- Green Bell peppers (cut in cubes )
- Some red onions ( in cube size )
- Barbeque stick ( put in water for at least 30mins.)
- Barbeque brush
How to cook:
- Marinate the chicken with the first 7 ingredients for at least 30minutes.
- Skew the marinated chicken in a wet barbeque stick.
- Alternate the chicken, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and red onion.
- Grill it in a low heat flame.
- Brush the chicken with the olive oil to make the chicken moist.
- Serve with rice pilaf and maybe a glass of margarita. Enjoy!
This is not my own recipe.